Our Opening Sequence

Our Preliminary Exercise Sequence

Sunday, February 1, 2009

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

During the course of the project I have learnt to use a lot of new technology as well as having a chance to get more experience with technologies that I had used in the past.

Shooting:

- I’ve been reminded of how to set up and use a Sony Mini DV camera and tripod. Using the tripod to keep the camera straight and secure, and to help with a track if a dolly can’t be used.
- I’ve also learnt how to connect a tripod to a dolly and how use a dolly although I didn’t have the opportunity to do so as the dolly was to wide to fit in the hallway of the house we were shooting in.
- I’ve learnt how to use a Pag light and how to use a Pag light and other available light sources, including lamps, to create three way lighting.
- I now know about recording sound during filming using an external mic. I’ve learnt how to concentrate on sound using headphones to make sure there is no unwanted background sound, which was a problem with many of our outdoor shots.
- I have improved on camera movement, for example pans.
- I now know the specific process of shooting (Camera ready…Sound ready…etc)

Editing:
- We used PC based editing
- I improved my knowledge of how to use Adobe Premiere Pro to do non-linear editing. This included:
Capturing shots – in small manageable sections
Using the razor tool to cut clips
Using key frames – for both visuals and sound
Unlinking sound and video
Visual effects, such as cross dissolves – which we used at the beginning of the sequence
Adding non-diegetic sound – our background music ‘Abandoned’
Titles
Changing the speed/duration of clips – ‘Slow motion’ on the final shot to emphasise her picking up the knife
I also learnt how to synch the sound to the visuals as we had to rerecord all of the sound due to it being ruined by the rain outside.
- We used Windows Media Player to listen to sound, including sound effects and our soundtrack before importing them into our project.

I have also learnt how to use Blogger to create a blog, link other websites, upload images etc

No comments: